Sunday, November 15, 2009

2ND ANNUAL HOLIDAY ART SALE-Comparing Notes



This year the Holiday Art Sale at my house has grown from 5 to 8 artists and will include:
2 Jewelers (Sally Chaffee-Maron & Christine Conniff)
Redware Pottery (Stephen Earp)
Fused Glass and Decorated Gourds (Cheryl Denton)
Handwoven Scarves and Wall Hangings, Holiday Cards, framed and matted Cut Paper Scenes (Edith Bingham)
Handpainted Silk Scarves and Ruanas (Nancy Baker)
Framed Original Paintings, matted Prints and Cards (Sandy Denis)
Framed Paper Quilts and Mixed Media Collage, Decorative Boxes and Ornaments (Jane Chang)

Since we have 3 more artists this year, Sandy Denis stopped by to map out the rooms we'll be using in my home. Sandy is in charge of all the display at the Shelburne Arts Co-op and does a fabulous job. The signs we posted last year are in fairly decent condition, but Sandy has taken them to her studio to tweak them a bit.

I looked back in my blog to see what I wrote about last year's show and noticed the following list -
What we'd change:
Make more art!
Send more postcards - These proved to be our best advertising, and probably 80% of the shoppers were people we knew.
Attach the signs to WOOD stakes! The ground was frozen hard which made it nearly impossible to push the wires in!
Personally, since the sale was at MY home, I'd start my housecleaning earlier - maaayyyybe


I've been making lots of art but am having trouble keeping up with sales at the Co-op. I guess that's a good thing, but I need to have more for the sale at my house. We're doing lots more postcards this year, and simply having more artists involved in the show offers a natural increase in the mailing list. Sally has been very helpful in keeping on top of little prep tasks with her detailed lists of things to do and who is going to do them. All I need to do now is make more art and vacuum and dust the rooms the night before the show. I'm SO happy the rooms are done being painted!

No comments: