Friday, April 26, 2013

Well, it's been a very long time since I posted on this blog. I updated it a few months ago - mostly to show what art has sold - but I've made no new entries. My posting lagged when I pretty much stopped making new art. I had 3 surgeries during this break: 1st, I got 2 new knees - YIPPEE! Then, I had repair on a torn rotator cuff - right shoulder. The last surgery required a SIX MONTH REHAB. Of course it was the shoulder for my dominant arm so I really could not do any of my usual art. Those boxes require lots of sanding and hammering and, well, continuous stress on my right shoulder. May have been what caused the tear in the first place! Well - I got my body all fixed up, then we moved across country - from Amherst, Massachusetts to Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you've ever moved, you can imagine all the work that's gone in to that! After waiting for my new studio to be completed in the new house, I finally got all my art supplies unpacked (well, almost all...), and now I've begun to create again. I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted from my soul. First thing I made was 4 boxes (see below) for an art show I was invited to do at my church. It felt so very good to get back in the game (and get back to the church of my childhood!).

No comments: